Launch of the Patent Landscape Report on Assistive Devices and Technologies for Visually and Hearing Impaired Persons
July 9, 2015
The Patent Landscape Report on Assistive Devices and Technologies for Visually and Hearing Impaired Persons was launched at WIPO in Geneva on June 29, 2015. This report is the first in the patent landscape series to address the issue of disabilities.
The launch event, co-hosted by the Accessible Books Consortium, included speakers who made presentations about their innovations for the visually impaired, as well as how these assistive technologies will positively impact and benefit persons with blindness or vision loss.
Listen to video of the event (YouTube), which includes presentations by:
- Mr. Yo Takagi, WIPO Assistant Director General
- Mr. Ed White, representing Thomson Reuters (author of the report)
- Mr. Alvin Kuk, HIMS International Corporation (Republic of Korea)
- Mr. Dagar Sumit of Kriyate (India)
- Mr. Boaz Zilberman of Project Ray (Israel)
This is the fifth event in the seminar series promoting the Marrakesh Treaty and the Accessible Books Consortium entitled "From Policy to Practice: Implementing the Marrakesh Treaty and Making Accessible Books Available".