Join a Virtual Seminar on July 7th on the Sustainable Development Goals, the Marrakesh Treaty and ABC
July 2, 2021
The Permanent Missions of the Kingdom of Morocco and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) invite you to a virtual side-event to be held during the U.N. High Level Political Forum in New York.
Five years after its coming into force, the Marrakesh Treaty has benefitted millions of people who are print disabled. The strong partnerships that underpin WIPO’s Accessible Books Consortium, created to support implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty and increase the number of books available for use by people with print disabilities, will be shared as “best practices” in promoting Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 - Quality Education and SDG 10 - Reduced Inequalities.
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Time: 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. EST
Interpretation available in English, French and Spanish
- Mr. Othmane El Ferdaous, Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports of Morocco
- Mr. Daren Tang, Director General, World Intellectual Property Organization
- Ms. Maria Soledad Cisternas Reyes, Special Envoy of the UN Secretary-General on Disability and Accessibility
- Mr. Sahilendra Singh, Additional Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, India.
- Ms. Martine Abel-Williamson, President, World Blind Union
- H.E. Mr. Omar Hilale, Permanent Representative of Morocco to the United Nations